Sunday 5 April 2015

Critiques of Peers from Week 6 Presentation

Elliot's Presentation
I think Elliot's design was very effective and the use of 2 different journeys really pushed the idea of his ritual. I think he drawings and render's were effective in telling his design but perhaps needs to consider how he is contextualizing his design in the site. In his presentation his plan and top elevation drawings had the renders overlayed ontop of very large maps making the buildings seem massive compared to the maps, this is something to be reconsidered for his finals.



Christian's Presentation
I enjoyed Christian's design and thought it conveyed the ritual idea effectively. I think her drawings are very good with the use of texture and colours but one thing that struct me while looking at them was the sense of depth. I think she needs to play close attention to perspective and light values to create this depth. That the closer the object the darker it is and as it gets further away the object will appear lighter.

I think her model of the glass and wood walkway was very elegant and the use of it in her perspective was very effective.


No comments:

Post a Comment